As first very important the brushes must be installed in a different folder than Presets, and the brushes can only be installed in Lightroom Classic. Lightroom brushes are NOT compatible with Lightroom CC or Photoshop ACR.
1. OPEN THE .zip FILE
After purchasing your product you can download it to your computer ( see how to download ) as a zipped file. Place the .zip file on your desktop or anywhere you like, and open the .zip file. To do so press right click on the .zip file and click open (for windows this can be the same, or use your favourite zip program to unzip the file)
2. SELECT “GIGRAPRESETS LIGHTROOM BRUSHES” FOLDER
Now in addition to the .zip file you should see another folder, open the new folder. On windows this is the same. You should see three folders select the “GigaPresets Lightroom Brushes” folder
3. COPY “GIGAPRESETS LIGHTROOM BRUSHES” FOLDER
Copy “GigaPresets Lightroom Brushes” folder. To do so press the right click on the select folder and choose copy.
4. OPEN LIGHTROOM AND SELECT PREFERENCES
Open Lightroom, and go to: If you have a MAC: Lightroom > Preferences. If you have a PC: Edit > Preferences. Click Preferences.
5. CLICK THE “PRESETS” SECTION AT TOP AND CHOOSE “SHOW ALL LIGHTROOM PRESETS” FOLDER
You will see a new window. Click the “Presets” section at top and choose “Show All Other Lightroom Presets” folder (You will see a tab labeled “store presets with this catalog” on the left, make sure this is unchecked).
6. OPEN “LIGHTROOM” FOLDER
This will show you your Lightroom folder, open tis folder
7. OPEN THE “LOCAL ADJUSTMENT PRESETS” FOLDER
8. PASTE THE “GIGAPRESETS LIGHTROOM BRUSHES” FOLDER IN THE LOCAL ADJUSTMENT PRESETS FOLDER
Now you will be in your “Local Adjustment Presets” folder. Paste the presets folder into this folder. To do so, right click an empty area in the folder and choose “Paste Item” (this will be similar on windows)
9. NOW THE BRUSHES FOLDER WILL BE IN THERE
10. CLOSE LIGHTROOM
Now, close Lightroom. When you re-open Lightroom your brushes will be installed.
11. RE-START LIGHTROOM AND CHECK YOU BRUSHES
Now re-open Lightroom, open an image, and select the Develop module. To access your brushes, click the “Adjustment Brush” or “Radial Filter” or “Graduated Filter” tool. It can be found in the top right hand corner of your editing panel, under the histogram.
12. CLICK THE DROP-DOWN MENU NEXT TO “EFFECT”
13. CHOOSE THE BRUSH PRESET YOU LIKE TO USE
A settings section will appear, choose the brush preset you like to use.
14. PAINT ON THE PORTION OF THE PHOTO WHERE YOU NEED TO APPLY THE EFFECT
Now you can adjust the brush size, the density and other brush adjustments and paint on the portion of the photo where you want to apply the effect.